The students can carry out different requests addressed to the Central Secretariat.
Among them, the most frequent ones that the students can request are:
The students who have passed all the subjects, except one, that lead to obtaining the official degree they are studying according to the corresponding curriculum, can use the modality of “Compensatory Assessment”, prior request to the Central Secretariat, if they also meet the following requirements:
- To be registered to the requested subject in the current academic year and before the submission of the application of compensatory assessment, regardless of whether it is an ordinary registration or a registration linked to the additional exceptional call.
- To have used up at least two assessment calls, within the general regime of continuation of studies of the university, and to have attended the corresponding final exams, having obtained a mark other than 0.
- The subject to be compensated must have a maximum credit load of 9 ECTS, and it must exclusively be a compulsory or basic subject. Notwithstanding the above, compensation cannot be used for the subjects linked to the Integral Education Module or the DECA (Ecclesiastic Declaration of Academic Competence) subjects.
- To have pending, in order to finish the studies, only and exclusively the credits of the subject that he/she wishes to compensate and the Undergraduate Dissertation (TFG), which cannot be subject to compensation in any case.
- To obtain a mark equal or higher than 3 in some of the calls attended by the students or, alternatively, that the average mark of the subjects that compose the curriculum, including the highest of the marks that the student wishes to compensate, is equal or higher than 6.
- The students must not have any disciplinary proceeding pending, nor be waiting for any disciplinary sanction.
- The request must be submitted to the Central Secretariat during the twenty calendar days following the publication of the marks of the call concerned.
- The fact of meeting the requirements and requesting the “Compensatory Assessment modality” does not give the right to receive a favourable resolution or to consider the subject as passed.
- The students who pass the subject with the Compensatory Assessment modality will have a 5 mark in their record, with an indication of Compensatory Assessment.
- The assessment by compensation will entail the payment of the amount for each academic year determined by the Central Secretariat (50 Euro).
Once the six calls corresponding to a subject are used up, the student, in order to continue his/her studies in the degree, must request the Additional Exceptional Call (CAG).
Requirements and conditions:
- Once the six calls corresponding to a subject have been used up, the student, in order to continue his/her degree studies, must request the Additional Exceptional Call (CAG) in the Central Secretariat, which will transfer the request to the Vice-Chancellorship of Quality and Academic Organisation (VCOA) that will study and assess it.
- The student will register to the subject and he/she will have the right to an assessment call linked to this registration.
- The student can register with the ordinary mode and continue his/her studies in the other subjects while the additional exceptional call is resolved.
- The degree will define a follow-up plan in agreement with the student, and the plan will be sent to the VCOA, so that the student can attend the exams with guarantees.
- The student must necessarily attend the assessment test before the end of the academic year in force, otherwise the additional exceptional call for exam will be considered as expired and he/she will not be able to continue his/her studies in this university.
If the student wants to request a modification of registration outside from the deadline or wishes to carry out a registration of more than 78 credits or of more subjects than the ones authorised when the registration is carried out in the registration period, he/she must make a request of modification of registration.
In these type of requests, the student must specify with details the reasons for which he/she could not carry out this type of modification at the time, and he/she must also attach, where needed, if he/she deems it appropriate, some sort of justification (work or personal justification) to support his/her request.
The University has various models of official certificates available for the students according to their needs:
- Personal academic certificate: It includes personal data, the degree, the academic year and the subjects with their respective marks, if any.
- Registration certificate: It includes personal data and the degree that is being studied by the student in the academic year he/she requests. It may or may not include the total amount of the registration. Additionally, if the student specifies it in the request, it includes the year and subjects to which he/she is registered, the amount of each subject and if it is the first registration or not.
- Transfer of the academic record (Official Academic Certificate): It includes personal data, subjects, year and marks and access to UCAM. It will not be delivered directly to the student, but it will be sent to the University where the student was admitted.
Very important: The certificate of transfer of the record must be requested only if the student is admitted to the host university. Together with the request, it must also be sent the admission letter, a copy of the registration or an email of the host university that certifies that the student was admitted to such university for the following academic year.
- Certificate of Simultaneity of studies: It includes the same data as the transfer of record, but it is a transfer with a nature of simultaneity. It will not be delivered directly to the student, but it will be sent to the University where the student was admitted.
Very important: after compiling the request and paying the taxes, the student will have to previously request such simultaneity at the Central Secretariat, through petition addressed to the Chancellor of UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia, by delivering the original letter of admission of the University in which he/she wishes to study simultaneously. The student will have to wait before starting the process. If such simultaneity is conceded to his/her, the student can compile the request for the certificate of simultaneity.
After selecting the type of certificate, the student must choose how he/she wants to pay, whether through financial institution or by credit card. Once received the request from the student, the university will send the payment document (financial institution) or the instructions for the payment by credit card.
The student can request the prior appointment for the collection of diplomas.
OFFICIAL CERTIFICATE REQUEST PROCEDURE
The student can request the issuance of the official certificate (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Degree in Engineering and Postgraduate Degree) of the programme he/she has studied in this University. The student must send an email with personal data and studies to email@example.com
The student will receive by email the payment documents and after the payment he/she shall send them back to this email address with his/her passport:
- If the student finishes his/her studies after the academic year 19/20 the payment is through this platform.
- If the student finishes his/her studies before the academic year19/20 the payment is through this platform.
If you have finished in the course before 19/20 you have to process through this platform, and once you have paid the fees, please send it to us by email along with the current ID or passport to proceed with your request.
VERY IMPORTANT: Do not forget to review your personal data so that it appears correctly on your academic documents. If you do not report the error, you will be charged with a fee for a new diploma.
You will be notified by email when your final certificate is available at the university, and in that email you will be instructed on how to obtain it at provincial delegations or embassies. It usually takes about two years.
Through this request, the students who have registered more than once can request to be linked to the exceptional assessment call. In compliance with UCAM Assessment Regulation, the exceptional assessment call, which will take place in general in November:
- A. Will be applicable if the student, in order to finish his/her studies, has to pass, at most:
- In Bachelor’s Degree teachings: three subjects and the undergraduate dissertation (TFG) or a group of subjects that corresponds to a total amount of 30 ECTS at most.
- In Master’s Degrees: two subjects and the Master's Thesis (TFM) or a group of subjects that corresponds to a total amount of 15 ECTS at most.
- B. The students who want to participate in this exceptional call for exams must:
- Formalise the registration linked to this special call for exams within the ordinarily established deadline. Once the deadline is expired, the student cannot modify in any way the registration.
- Compulsorily take the exam of each of the subjects pending to finish his/her studies. In order to do so, the student will have two calls for each year and registration, that is: the first one on the dates that are ordinarily established during each year for the exceptional call of November, and the second one in the following assessment call (Ordinary Call of February/May, depending on the timing of the subject in the curriculum).
- C. If the student doesn't pass the subject/s assessed in the Special Call, the assessment tools passed during that same call will not have an eliminatory nature in the following Ordinary Call.
In case of second or successive registration, the teacher assesses the student on the formative activities and on the learning outcomes related to the previous year exclusively in the Special Call for exams. In the Ordinary or Recovery Call, the formative program of the exam will be developed in the subject by the teacher during the current academic year. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Registration deadline.
IMPORTANT: Remember that you will have to fill the form as many times as the number of subjects affected by it.
Given the need for Universities to guarantee equal opportunities for students and other members of the university community with disabilities and/or special needs, our University has equipped itself with a Curriculum Adaptation Service (Servicio de Adaptaciones Curriculares, SAC), which is part of this Vice-Chancellorship, in order to respond to the demands of students, teachers and administration and services personnel in this area.
The activities to be developed by SAC will be addressed to:
- Students who have a Disability Certificate or a document that officially recognises any degree of disability, which could hinder the regular monitoring of the course to which they are registered.
- Students with special needs without a Disability Certificate, which could affect the ordinary monitoring of the course to which they are registered.
- Students with temporary needs (accidents, serious illness) which prevent them from following the ordinary planning of the course to which they are registered.
- This service will be responsible for managing the requests of students and other members of the university community who require some type of special academic adaptation, applying, among other measures, the recommendations established by the Conference of Spanish University Rectors (Conferencia de Rectores de Universidades Españolas, CRUE) in its Adaptation Guide in the University, and monitoring them throughout the academic year.
- To offer advice to students and teachers on issues related to disability.
- To promote specific training for teachers on pedagogical and educational strategies to be adopted in class.
- To promote awareness actions for the full integration of these students inside and outside our university environment.
The Curricular Adaptation Service will collaborate closely with the UCAM Group of Tutors, the Psychological Assessment Service and the Degree of reference for the student, with the main objective of helping all our students with their adequate academic development.
Official mentions for students who graduated before 18-19
Registration to Free-choice Seminars (LE) / Sociocultural Activities. Socio- cultural activities:
In Laurea Academic you can see your personal record and manage your registration and your payments.
Students may request a change in the teaching modality (face-to-face/blended learning/online) before the beginning of the registration renewals of the new academic year, through request to the Central Secretariat. The concession of such change will be contingent upon the full implementation of the courses in the various teachings.
The student can request a change of campus if he/she is registered in an official degree of the UCAM that is taught simultaneously in Murcia and in Cartagena and he/she wants to continue his/her studies in a different campus. To request the change of campus there must be available places in the same degree, as established by the verification reports of ANECA (National Quality Assessment and Accreditation Agency of Spain).