UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia, supported by these five fundamental pillars, works with the aim of strengthening the characteristic elements of its project to offer a service of excellency to the university community and to society in general through:
- The promotion of a diversified academic offering, constantly adapting and related to the actual needs of society, of culture and of the Catholic Church, in order to fulfil their expectations and guarantee a future for the institution.
- The use of a teaching methodology with small-groups, continuous assessment, development of personal autonomy and spirit of service, as well as through the promotion of teamwork, the stimulation of personal and collective creativity and by being permanently contact with the professional environment through internships.
- A personalised teaching with a high level of dedication of the teachers to the students and with a body of tutors dedicated to the academic, psycho-pedagogical and personal guidance of the students. This system promotes attendance to lessons and allows a better follow-up, providing special care through tutoring sessions and special support lessons when needed.
- The promotion of a university community composed of students, teachers, administration and service staff and governing bodies based on the principles of cooperation and on service to knowledge.
- A quality management system applied to teaching, research and services in order to guarantee excellence in the professional functions and in human relations among all the members of the university community.
- The contribution to cultural, social and economic development of society and the creation of conditions that allow improving the quality of life and the environment through the development of the abilities of the students as individuals and as members of a society they must serve. In this sense, UCAM is constantly promoting culture, sport, research and humanitarian aid in the Region of Murcia, trying to enrich its environment and to provide value to it.
- The defence and promotion of the social and individual values according to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church and, in particular, the respect of freedom, pluralism and ideas, as well as the development of a critical approach and the constant search for the Truth by means of research, preservation and communication of sciences and arts.
- The promotion of the relations with other universities and companies to facilitate the professional opportunities, the specialisation and research for the students. In this sense, UCAM has more than 2000 internship agreements with companies and institutions.
Considering these points, it is possible to define the personality of UCAM as a university through five factors:
At UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia the maximum number of students for each group if of sixty and each student has a tutor during his/her entire university career, who will address his/her specific characteristics and needs in order to guarantee that he/she makes the most of his/her abilities.
Likewise, teamwork, as a system for stimulating individual and collective creativity, is another element of the teaching methodology of UCAM.
UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia has aimed, ever since its foundation, to the management of quality in order to provide its students with a demanding level of preparation through:
- The transmission of scientific rigour in knowledge.
- The contribution of experiences and abilities that allow to apply that knowledge to the professional life and
- The reflection, in the light of the Gospel, on the ethical values that give meaning to human activity.
- One of the distinguishing features of UCAM is that, together with a better academic training, the students can count on a training adapted to the socio-labour reality, which allows them to face their own incorporation in the labour market being in a position of advantage.
To achieve excellence, the Quality Management of UCAM, committing to this continuous improvement, can count on a Management and Quality System that complies with the UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 Norm for the activities of design and management of Programmes of the National Quality Assessment and Accreditation Agency of Spain (ANECA) and the diffusion of quality in the university community certified by AENOR.
In order to put on record in an objective way the matters expressed above, UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia is carrying out the necessary procedures for its inclusion in the 2nd University Quality Assessment Plan managed by the Council of Universities. Following this line, our University has carried out the Institutional Quality Plan.
UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia offers to its students a view to the world in which they will carry out their professional activity in a more international and participatory way, with new modalities, new relations and new technologies.
UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia provides its students with a global training as humans, based on:
- The specific contents of each degree that, within the framework regulated by the legal measures, have an impact on the most topical subject of each of the different careers.
- The subjects and activities having a general nature that provide a wide base of knowledge and abilities, which are increasingly necessary in today’s world such as language skills, a correct and rational use of computer and office applications, the development of oral expression as a fundamental individual ability, the promotion of debate and exchange of ideas between students and teachers, the reflection based on Christian humanism on the ethical values that give a meaning to the human activity, the knowledge and use of information and communication technologies and the approach of democratic values of tolerance and respect.
UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia provides a high-value service to its students and to companies. The aim is to provide the students with the necessary knowledge to facilitate their access in the labour market with actions such as providing information on job openings and training courses, orienting them in their search for a job and selecting the students to offer to the companies degree holders able to meet their needs.