Due to the constant evolution of sports, UCAM has dedicated an important effort to advancement in sports research, and the evaluation and assessment of sports. In line with this philosophy, the Catholic University of Murcia created UCAM Spanish Sports University with the intention of positioning sport researchers at the forefront of the international scene.
An example of our commitment is the implementation of High Performance Sports Research Centers (CIARD), which is already a national reference.
The objectives of this branch of investigation of the UCAM Spanish Sports University are:
- Develop research that helps to reduce the health risks in the athlete and help their sports rehabilitation.
- Investigate in the improvement of sports materials.
- Investigate the improvement of physical performance and physical preparation.
- Establish new lines of research and promote and strengthen existing ones.
- To position itself as a leading research center nationally and internationally.