"There are a lot of opportunities at UCAM: to grow, to make new friends, and to learn new subjects, especially in Sport Sciences. The generalization makes it very easy to eventually find your way and specialize in a master's degree. "
Tristan Govender, student of the Bachelor's degree in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences.
Future undergraduates in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences should be interested in the following areas of knowledge:
- Sports and physical practices.
- Physical Education and teaching Sports and Physical activity.
- Social and Behavioral Sciences applied to the practice of physical activity and sport.
- Exercise Physiology, oriented towards health and sport performance.
- Morphological Sciences, Biomechanics and Ergonomics applied to physical activity and sport.
- Organization and management of physical activity and sport.
In addition, students who choose the Degree in Physical Activity and Sport should have attention and perception skills, capacity for analysis and synthesis, thoroughness and attention to details, visual and auditory memory, logical reasoning, gift for abstraction, willingness to research sports, and interest in new technologies. It is also advisable that students who choose our degree have social relation skills and capacities for interpersonal contacts, capacity to communicate, reason and understand, analytical and negotiation skills, flexibility and critical sense.
Interests: scientific, humanistic, health and society.
- Interest in studying sport from different areas of knowledge.
- Ability to observe, and ability to do systematic listening.
- Ability to self-observe.
- Ability for oral and written communication.
- Research skills.
- Capacity for analysis, criticism and reflection.
- Good social skills.
- Attitudes: Responsibility, cordial respect, empathy.
A B2 English level is required to be admitted in this Degree.
You can provide any language proficiency certificate from this list. Any other English certificate will be evaluated individually.
Other entry requirements are:
- Scanned biopage of your valid passport.
- High School academic transcript, Diploma and national exam result slip
- Statement of Purpose/Motivational Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Approved Medical Certificate (template and medical examination guide)
International Student Mobility
The Bachelor Degree in Physical Activity and Sport Science offers to the student the possibility to continue studying the program in one of our partner universities. Students can select their best fit from a large number of our partner universities in different regions around Europe.
Studying a Bachelor in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences at UCAM opens doors to invaluable opportunities and helps students engage with prominent companies, enabling them to apply the knowledge and skills acquired throughout the program. The internship will foster professional growth that will equip students with the necessary preparation to thrive in the competitive business world.
UCAM’s career services:
- SOIL – “Orientation and Work Placement Service”
- UCAM Portal de Empleo - employment portal for students and alumni
- “Network of Recruiting Erasmus” - a service that promotes placement of students in various companies that recognize the value of international experience.
At the end of the Degree in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences you are qualified to practice as a professional in the following fields:
- Teaching in secondary schools and universities.
- Teaching in public or private sports centers.
- Programs of physical activity and health.
- Sports management.
- Freelance technician.
- Design and implementation of recreational sport and tourism.
- Management of sports facilities and equipment.
- Manager and promoter of sports companies.
- Sports performance coach.
- Director of sports teams.
- Sports manager.
- Physical training.
- Personal training.
- Design and implementation of regimes (physical exercise, diets, etc.) to promote, maintain and improve physical health.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Activity and Sport Science is an Official Accredited Program by ANECA, the National Agency of Evaluation of Quality and Accreditation.
UCAM has young and highly qualified academic staff. Each international student is guided by a personal tutor and, in addition, a sports tutor can be assigned to athletes to be able to harmonize the academic and sport life.
Our experience in the field of sports and the international approach of our programs help the students to fully develop a wide range of career opportunities and research projects.
The University has new campus facilities and modern infrastructure, as UCAM Sports Center is the largest gym and fitness studio in Murcia.
Degree accredited by: National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation of Spain
Cultura, Ciencia y Deporte Journal
Culture, Science and Sport is a journal of the Faculty of Sports in which research papers related to the thematic areas and work fields of Education, Performance, Health and Management related to Physical Activity and Sports, are considered for publication – as long as they are scientifically grounded.