“When I met my head of the department - Dr. Pablo Blesa - I was totally in shock because of his knowledge. The master in general is amazing, it’s like an ocean of knowledge. I really enjoyed the classes because of the proximity we have with the teachers."
Mehmed Ali Bilgic, exchange student from Turkey
Aims and Career Opportunities
This is a professionalizing program. This is not a research path oriented program.
General Aims of the Program:
- To offer a post-graduate multidisciplinary training about the European Union, its evolution, and its importance.
- To form 25 specialists in EU constitution, legislation, and human rights every year by means of a stringent theoretical-practical approach.
- To further attract top-level professors and experts to UCAM.
- To promote research and top quality teaching on the European Union in order to shape a reference research center with a highly international scope.
- To internationalize student training by increasing their mobility through visits to European institutions in Brussels.
- EU Institutions and European Bodies
- International Organizations
- Foreign Trade Offices
- International Media
- Specialized Law Firms
- Public Administration
- Research Centers Dedicated to European Affairs
- International Relations Offices
- Non-Governmental Organizations
Target Group / Key Facts
Fully developed in English, this master’s degree offers candidates a highly recommended training in European constitution and legislation. Graduates in Tourism, Political Science, Business Administration and Law, as well as Social and Communication Sciences, from the degree’s target audience. Furthermore, lawyers working on European legislation are welcome to join this program.
It has also a great interest for graduates in Business Administration who seek to ensure their share of the common market. The students profile is completed by graduates in Tourism, Political Sciences, Business Administration, Law, Social Sciences and Communication Sciences. Lawyers working on European legislation are specific target groups of the Master as well.
This master’s degree offers candidates a highly recommended training in European constitution and legislation. The target group of this program are graduates in Tourism, Political Science, Business Administration and Law, as well as Social Sciences and Communication Sciences. Furthermore, lawyers working on European legislation are welcome to join this program.
Enrollment in or completion of university studies is required for admission to the program.
Other entry requirements are:
- Scanned biopage of your valid passport.
- Bachelor’s academic transcript and degree certificate
- Statement of Purpose/Motivational Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
UCAM’s career services will be available to students, including:
- SOIL – “Orientation and Work Placement Service” of UCAM
- “Portal de Empleo” – the university’s employment portal
- “Network of Recruiting Erasmus”, a service that promotes international students’ employment in top companies throughout Spain
The faculty´s large team of researchers come from various academic backgrounds, specializing in different aspects of the European Constitution & EU legislation. They include a large number of civil servants and consultancy experts involved in the daily practices of the European Union.
The Master's in European Union Studies and Human Rights represents an innovation in the educational field. Its support of a face-to-face formation, the active involvement of students of various nationalities, combined visits to European institutions and the mixed approach of the provided training makes UCAM’s Master's in EU Studies and Human Rights a rigorous, innovative and top quality program.