UCAM Master’s Degree in Bilingual Teaching (English) was particularly designed for people who want to reach the level of linguistic and methodological competence necessary to teach in bilingual education and CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) programs.
This Master’s Degree is aimed at international and Spanish university graduates from different academic backgrounds such as Pre-Primary and Primary Education, Engineering, and other graduates with an interest in bilingual teaching and in the CLIL approach. This Master’s Degree in Bilingual Teaching is also aimed at all those teachers now working in Primary or Secondary private or state schools. As an entry requirement for this postgraduate degree, candidates must have and prove the B1 level of English language (according to the CEFR.
A B2 English level is required to be admitted in this Degree.
You can provide any language proficiency certificate from this list. Any other English certificate will be evaluated individually.
Other entry requirements are:
- Scanned biopage of your valid passport.
- High School academic transcript, Diploma and national exam result slip
- Statement of Purpose/Motivational Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
UCAM’s career services will be available to students, including:
- SOIL – “Orientation and Work Placement Service” of UCAM
- “Portal de Empleo” – the university’s employment portal
- “Network of Recruiting Erasmus”, a service that promotes international students’ employment in top companies throughout Spain.
The Master’s Degree in Bilingual Education will help meet the current demand for experts in the field of bilingual teaching and learning. Successful graduates can choose from a range of positions within the bilingual education context. Skills developed during the course prepare students to work in the following areas:
- Primary and secondary school bilingual teaching.
- Assessment and management of bilingual programs in schools.
- Curriculum development.
- Materials design and evaluation.
- Assessment of ICT tools applied to bilingual education.
- Research and innovation in bilingualism and related educational issues.
Students are offered an opportunity to gain valuable classroom experience working alongside teachers who are fully involved in providing quality bilingual education.
This Master’s program is built on 5 fundamental pillars:
- Adequate training in English language and CEFR level B2 certification (through an official university master degree with B2 CEFR competences)
- The use of bilingual strategies and resources
- The study of their underlying theories
- The application of these theories during work placements in schools
- The consolidation of the acquired knowledge in the final Master’s thesis.
Degree accredited by: National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation of Spain