"You have your own personal tutors that you're assigned with and if you have any problem you just go to them and the answers are quite prompt and problems are solved in a very prompt manner, which I like and I would recommend this university".
Jaedan Bangbol Sangma, student of Bachelor's Degree in Dentistry
The profile of a student graduated from dentistry is established on ORDEN CIN/2136/2008, from 03/06, by which the requirements for the verification of official university titles for dentistry is established.
UCAM, the Catholic University of San Antonio of Murcia, and more specifically, the Faculty of Health Sciences, pretends to educate dentists with scientific and humanistic ways to carry out the prevention, diagnostic and treatment of anomalies and the diseases in the teeth, mouth and jaw area. The future dentists do not only need knowledge, but scientific interest as well, a great organizational capacity and empathy inclined towards customer care and service.
They also need to be equipped with:
- Vocation towards health issues (Biomedical and Social Sciences)
- Scientific inclination, interest for the investigation and biomedical studies
- Capacity to search and analyze information
- Reading comprehension
- Facility in interpersonal communication (oral and written)
- Personal initiative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Positive attitude towards teamwork
- Willingness to manage material and human resources
- Motivation to work with advanced technology
- Facility to learn languages, especially English
For students coming from other educational systems and other titulations, if they pass the age criteria and/or have professional experience, it’s recommended to have knowledge at the secondary education level in subjects like Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Biology.
A B2 English level is required to be admitted in this Degree. You can provide any language proficiency certificate from this list. Any other English certificate will be evaluated individually.
Other entry requirements are:
- Scanned biopage of your valid passport.
- High School academic transcript, Diploma and national exam result slip
- Statement of Purpose/Motivational Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Studying a Bachelor in Dentistry at UCAM opens doors to invaluable opportunities and helps students engage with prominent companies, enabling them to apply the knowledge and skills acquired throughout the program. The internship will foster professional growth that will equip students with the necessary preparation to thrive in the competitive business world.
UCAM’s career services:
- SOIL – “Orientation and Work Placement Service”
- UCAM Portal de Empleo - employment portal for students and alumni
- “Network of Recruiting Erasmus” - a service that promotes placement of students in various companies that recognize the value of international experience.
The job opportunities that our graduates will be qualified to work in are:
- Dental clinics
- Private consults as a worker or by creating a society or a work team with many specialized dentists
- Private health centres with dentistry services
- Public clinics
- Teaching in public or private universities
- Teaching in professional and technical formation centres
- Dentistry services in penitentiary institutions
- Dentistry services in the army
- Researchers in universities, private or public foundations
One of the features that differentiates Dentistry at UCAM from others are some of the innovative subjects in the Curriculum, like Dentistry and Dietetics, Dentistry and Sports, or Planning and Management of a Dental Clinic, as these subjects can open new career paths for our students. Besides that, you will have the guidance of teachers closely involved, as well as fully-equipped facilities
UCAM offers a quality academic program, focused on your future professional success from day one. Our Bachelor’s Degree in Dentistry offers a contact with the real profession, as there will me a lot of clinical internships.