The Interlibrary Loan Service is available to all UCAM researchers.
It is intended to provide users with original documents or reproductions available at other libraries, as well as supplying other institutions with items they may request for loan.
For UCAM members:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following details for Interlibrary Loan:
- Applicant’s details:
- First name and surname; ID number; Degree (Undergraduate, Masters’, Doctorate); Phone number and User Type (Student, Staff Member, Faculty Member, PhD student, Postgraduate student).
- Document’s details:
- Books: Title; Author(s); Year (in case you need a specific edition)
- Articles: Title of the journal; Title of the article; Author(s); Year; Volume/ Issue; Number of pages; ISSN; PMID (if known)
For external users (institutions only):
Requests will be made either via email or by filling in a form with the details of the requested item and the Library.
Interlibrary Loan Periods
An item’s borrowable period is established by the supplying library. You are normally allowed to borrow an item for a period of 15 or 20 days.
For further information, call 968278572 Ext. 572, or contact us via email at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
You are subject to abide by copyright laws in case of copying or reproducing any of the contents in these works.
This service is NOT free. The Interlibrary Loan fee will vary depending on each institution.
- Please check the UCAM Library Catalogue (link to the library's OPAC) before making an Interlibrary Loan request, as the item you are interested in may already be included in one of our collections.
- Borrowed items from other institutions are not to leave the premises of the UCAM Library for consultation, following conditions established under an agreement signed by different University Libraries and Science Libraries from all around Spain.
- Every user must return the loaned item(s) to the UCAM Library within their due date. Exceptionally, should any user need an extension of their loan period, they would be required to complete a request form from the supplying library before the due date and await the library’s answer.
- Once we start the process for request, cancellations are discouraged, as it would only lead to a bureaucratic entanglement between the two institutions.
- Please report it to the library staff if you ever receive a different item from the one you requested.
Request forms should be written clearly and provide detailed information.
Users are responsible for paying Interlibrary Loan fees.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Here are some fees from different Libraries across Spain:
These fees have been taken from REBIUN.
|SUPPLYING INSTITUTION||FEE PER BORROWEDJOURNAL & MAGASINE ARTICLES (Photocopies)|
|8 €||5 € + 21% VAT|
|Bibliotecas del Reino Unido e Irlanda (asociadas a The British Library)||32€||12 €|
Bibliotecas extranjeras pertenecientes al Sistema IFLA Voucher
|12 €||12 €|