Why Study Sustainable Humanitarian Action with UCAM-DIHAD?
- Multinational academic cadre with vast expertise in the humanitarian field.
- Renowned humanitarian and academic faculty members.
- Hybrid program, online and physical teaching methods.
- Comprehensive curriculum that focuses on sustainable humanitarian action and leadership skills.
- Access networking opportunities with leading NGOs and international humanitarian organizations through DIHAD Organisation.
DIHAD Humanitarian College
The Sustainable Humanitarian Actions Masters from DIHAD Humanitarian College is an innovative program to empower, promote, and train future humanitarian entrepreneurs with sustainable mindsets while enhancing their skills and knowledge. The program focuses on key elements in sustainable humanitarian action and response that will empower students to implement, enhance, and design humanitarian projects and programs from a sustainable perspective, and to lead international organisations with a sustainable action mindset. The program is also designed to meet the latest innovation and technology in the humanitarian field which will enable students to boost their careers with NGOs, international humanitarian organizations, the private sector, and academic institutions. In addition, the program offers hybrid technology to enable students to study and attend classes remotely (online) and physically.
The Master’s Degree in Sustainable Humanitarian Action offers a wide range of career opportunities. The program will qualify graduates to start or boost their existing careers within Non-Governmental Organisations, International Humanitarian Organizations, United Nations agencies, National Government Authorities, Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement, Humanitarian Foundations and Charities, Academic Institutions, or the Private Sector. This will ultimately give students the chance to become specialists in humanitarian sustainability and a wide range of career opportunities become available such as field project/program officers, managers and directors, consultants, and even corporate social responsibility (CSR) departments in private companies.
The Master’s Degree in Sustainable Humanitarian Action is tailored to meet the expectation and needs of students from Humanities, Sociology, Economics, Political Science and International Relations, and related areas of knowledge. The program is designed to benefit students who would like to pursue a career in the humanitarian field focusing on innovative sustainable development and leadership within NGOs, international humanitarian organizations, academic institutions, and the private sector.
The program is considered comprehensive for professionals from all specialties who would like to develop their knowledge and skills in sustainable humanitarian action, innovation in the humanitarian field, and humanitarianism strategies and planning.
A university degree is required for admission to the program.
A B2 English level is required to be admitted in this Degree.
You can provide any language proficiency certificate from this list. Any other English certificate will be evaluated individually.
Other entry requirements are:
- Scanned biopage of your valid passport
- Bachelor’s academic transcript and degree certificate
- Statement of Purpose/Motivational Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Candidates must have obtained, a Bachelor’s degree program with a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0.
- Candidates are required to have a recognized qualification in the English language for example a score of 6.0 in IELTS or an equivalent of 500 in TOFEL.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the humanitarian field or a minimum of 2000 certified volunteering hours in the humanitarian field.
- All qualified applicants must pass a personal interview with the committee.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Obtain key concepts and practical knowledge in sustainable humanitarian action in addition to gaining insights on how to adapt to the future of humanitarian work.
- Acquire a sustainable mindset to deliver sustainable projects.
- Attain critical humanitarian management skills and knowledge.
Using a blended learning environment, students enrolled in the program will experience both physical and virtual classroom attendance, practical training, and visit many conferences and study sessions to achieve the highest quality of learning and thus empowering, promoting, and training future humanitarian entrepreneurs with sustainable mindsets while enhancing their skills. The Program is set to start during the month of October and continue for one academic year. Selected Students will enroll in a one-year program undertaking a total of 60 credit hours, have the opportunity to get involved in a practical internship with one of DIHAD’s prestigious partners, and ultimately submit a thesis paper to graduate with a Master’s Degree in Sustainable Humanitarian Action.
Master in Continuing Education
This program is a Continuing Education Master, also known as Master of Professional Development. It represents a dedicated academic initiative meticulously designed to facilitate specialization in a chosen subject area.
The Continuing Education Master adheres to rigorous regulatory and quality standards established by the university. The concept of continuing education encompasses the perpetual pursuit of knowledge and skills throughout an individual's lifespan, thereby fostering personal and professional growth.
The goal of this program is to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in one's field, and to continually improve one's abilities and competencies in order to stay competitive in the workforce.