Skip to main content

Foreign university studies

People with foreign studies who want to access a degree at UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia must meet the academic requirements for access to Spanish university studies and apply for a place through the channels provided by UCAM within the deadlines set for it.

In those degrees where there is competitive competition (the number of applications is greater than the number of places offered), the assignment of places will be made according to the established capacity and the corresponding admission mark.

What is your situation?

Access through the credential granted by UNEDasiss

In order to process your access to the Spanish university system by this means, you must obtain the access credential through UNED.

You can carry out this procedure by clicking on this link: UNEDasiss

Access through Partial Recognition of Foreign Studies

In order to gain access to the Spanish university system through the Partial Recognition of Foreign Studies, you must be in one of the following situations:

  • To have unfinished foreign university studies.

  • To have completed foreign university studies and not to have applied for recognition from the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities.

  • To have completed foreign university studies whose recognition has been denied by the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities, expressly indicating the possibility of partial recognition for the purpose of continuing with the same or equivalent studies in Spanish universities.

To opt for this access method, at least 30 ECTS credits must be recognised in the curriculum of the degree to which you intend to gain access.




If you meet the requirements for access through the Partial Recognition of Foreign Studies, you must obtain the documents listed below in order to carry out the admission process at UCAM.

  • A copy of your current ID card/passport

  • An authenticated copy of the official transcript issued by the university of origin, specifying that the studies are official and at university level.

  • Curriculum/pensum/syllabus of the subjects passed, stamped by the university of origin.

  • Document of Equivalence of Average Marks regarding the Spanish University System that can be requested through the Electronic Office of the Ministry of Education and Professional Training.

This documentation must be duly authenticated. Authentication is the procedure for validating the signatures of the authorities that sign a document accrediting the authenticity of the same, with the aim of submitting it in a third country.

You can check how to authenticate your documents depending on your country of origin through the following link:

Mandatory authentication of documents

The admission process will not start until all the necessary documentation is duly authenticated.



In order to be admitted to a university degree, all necessary documentation must be submitted in Spanish. If your university of origin is not Spanish-speaking, you must submit the translated documents through one of these channels:

  • Sworn translation into Spanish. Here you can access the list of persons authorised to carry out sworn translations in Spain.

  • By any Spanish diplomatic or consular representation abroad.

  • By the diplomatic or consular representation in Spain of the country of origin of the document. 



For the 2020/2021 academic year, applications for the Partial Recognition of Foreign Studies can be submitted from 6 April to 26 June, and from 14 September to 30 October 2020.

You can see the steps to follow to successfully complete your admission through the following link consult Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities. 

The Royal Decree 967/2014 of 21 November regulates the recognition and declaration of equivalence to qualifications and academic levels. Requests for the recognition or obtaining of equivalence of foreign degrees are submitted and resolved by the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities.

Recognition will only be requested when a foreign university degree is held and is to be recognised by a Spanish university degree giving access to regulated professions: see Chapter II, Section 1 of the Royal Decree.

When the studies concluded having obtained a foreign diploma which, once recognised in Spain, could mean access to a regulated profession, the interested party may choose between applying for recognition as a Spanish qualification foreseen in the Royal Decree, or recognition by partial university studies, bearing in mind that both possibilities cannot be applied for simultaneously.

Aptitude test (additional training requirements):   

When deficiencies are detected in the training accredited for obtaining the foreign degree, in relation to that required for obtaining the Spanish degree with which it is intended to be recognised, and whose entity is not sufficient to refuse the recognition, this will be conditioned to the fact that the interested party has previously passed some complementary training requirements. These training requirements will be determined on the basis of the report provided for in Article 11 of the Royal Decree, and their purpose will be to put the training content of foreign and Spanish degrees on the same level.

More information about aptitude tests:


Telephone: 968 277 951

Obtaining the equivalence to qualifications and academic level implies the official recognition of the training obtained by the foreign graduate as equivalent to the academic levels (Bachelor's/Master's degree) and to the branches of knowledge and scientific fields in which the Spanish university qualifications are structured: see Chapter II, Section 1 of the Royal Decree..

Obtaining the recognition or equivalence (which is accredited by means of a credential issued by the Ministry), makes it possible to apply for a place in bachelor's degrees for the so-called capacity of university graduates For information on these procedures, consult the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities..