By Victor Meseguer
Your time as a college student is running out as you begin to have some inexorably doubts about your future employment. How can I find a job? What sector? These are just some of the questions that most recent graduates are continually making. Currently, there is an important mentality companies strive to develop, Corporate Social Responsibility (CRS). It has seen significant growth in recent years, resulting in an increase in positions available.
What is corporate social responsibility?
Corporate Social Responsibility is a policy and mentality that organizations use to show social responsibility, it is more than the mere pursuit of economic benefits. New entrants in the labor world must strive to behave responsibly since their professional development will depend on the extent to which others perceive they are concerned more than just salary. Here are 10 Reasons why a recent graduate should consider a career in Corporate Social Responsibility.
1. Sustainability: CSR is a world of Sustainability. It is understood as the pursuit of development of people and organizations in a long term. As a newcomer stepping into the labor market, if an individual wants to develop his career in an organization, he must ask himself how he can help the organization be sustainable, grow, show employability, and professional development is inextricably linked to sustainable development and growth of your organization.
2. Vision and sense: Organizations and people need a positive mentality to follow others. Only organizations concerned and occupied about the impact of their actions on people and communities are able to seek long-term meaning for their customers and employees. New entrants in the labor market will be more committed to the aims of your organization if it provides them with a sense of work based on the responsibility to "do better for all" while they themselves also know "what " they work for.
3. Reputation: The main value of these companies is their reputation and credibility. They will only survive with a positive long - term reputation. Reputation, image or credibility is the confidence that awakens people and organizations. New entrants in the labor market have to consider how they can contribute to an organization
4. Environment: Environmental conservation is already one of the key points of our time. What was once perceived as infinite is now perceived as scarce and therefore valuable. This logic is already present in the vanguard companies with their environmental policies related to CSR seeking professionals that meet all environmental impacts generated by its activity.
5. Future: CSR brings workers and new entrants in the labor world, and allows them to work in teams, innovate with others, contribute and share , creating new ways to meet the needs and expectations of all the they serve.
6. Excellence, Commitment, and Ethics are essential basics. Both the organization and the environment operates on its sustainability. CSR contributes to this.
7. Consumers have more contribution to the values and good practices of organizations including environment carings, people treatment, corruption fight.
8. To attain a balance between economic,environmental and social, the integration of CSR in the management of the organization is essential.
9. CSR enables the organization to advance the commitment to its stakeholders and the immediate environment.
10. Through CSR, organizations are able to minimize the negative impacts of their daily activity in the environments in which it operates, and enhance and advance the positive.
Overall, CSR is an open constantly growing field whose practitioners are highly valued by organizations. The training focused on this innovative form of business management could be, therefore, very important for college face to obtain employment once they complete the undergraduate.