‘Atletas Europeos como Estudiantes' (EAS) Network, an advisory body to the European Commission in the area of sport commends Catholic University of Murcia for its exemplary contribution in the field of Sports.
Laura Caprani, president of the ‘Atletas Europeos como Estudiantes' (EAS) Network, congratulated the UCAM for their achievements in research and sports management at the meeting held in Finland.
UCAM, who is already working in three European projects in sports, has won two new projects again namely, 'Equal sports for All (ESFA)' and 'Sport, Inclusion and Interculturality Society (SPIIS)' to work for social inclusion and creating equal opportunities in sport, especially backed by the EU in its strategy on Disability. Caprani highlighted the work of the UCAM to foster academic training among athletes so they can continue their careers in the two areas; Sport and Studies.
The countries which Catholic University of Murcia collaborates in these five projects sports field are Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Malta, Denmark, United Kingdom, Sweden, Czech Republic, Latvia, Cyprus, Croatia, Bulgaria and Turkey.
1. ESTPORT: Double career: sports-academic.
2. DECA: Exchange of basketball players with a team of German first division for dual career (career Vocational +).
3. E-ONE: promote outdoor sports activities.
4. ESFA: Intervention for sports development in students with special needs.
5. SPIIS: social inclusion, equal opportunities between cultures.