To provide students with the knowledge and skills inherent in their profession, to enhance their skills and attitudes as individuals, ensuring the Christian presence in the University, society and culture.
The generation of knowledge through research, science, communication, technology, arts and culture, so that students can contribute to the development of man, to care for their needs, to the technological development of society and, above all, so that they can develop a conception of the human being and the world open to transcendence.
The contribution to the Evangelization of the Catholic Church by promoting the pastoral care of members of the university community, in close communion with the Particular Church and the Teaching Authority of the Church, with regard to Faith and Morals and, in particular, with the Bishop of the Diocese of the Region in which it operates.
UCAM is a Catholic University in which higher education is offered, researchers are trained and professionals are prepared by means of the generation and transmission of science, technology and culture, according to rational truth and in the light of faith of the Catholic Church; at the service of the integral development of the individual, family and society, according to the principles of the Gospel and through:
A diverse academic offer, constantly adapting and consistent with the real needs of society, culture and the Catholic Church.
Teaching methodology applied to small groups; continuous assessment; development of personal autonomy and spirit of service; promotion of teamwork; stimulation of personal and collective creativity, and in constant contact with professional environments through internships.
Personalized teaching with a high level of dedication from the professors to the students and with trained tutors for academic, psychological and personal counseling.
A University community composed of students, professors, administrative staff and services, and governing bodies based on the principles of cooperation and mutual support at the service of knowledge.
International, national and regional orientation with particular attention to Spanish-speaking countries.
The system of quality management applied to teaching, research and services in order to ensure the excellence in professional roles and in human relationships among all members of the University community, through continued training programs for professors and for general service staff.
The major aims of the Catholic University San Antonio in the development of its activity are:
- Teaching higher education as a vehicle of science, technology, culture and Faith of the Catholic Church, and as a training method for researchers and preparation of professionals who can help in the development of the individual, family, and society.
- Contributing to the cultural, social and economic development of society and to the creation of conditions to improve the quality of life and the environment, by developing the skills of the students as individuals and members of a society to which they must serve.
- Ensuring, institutionally, the Christian presence in the academic world, in every historical moment of society and culture.
- Protecting and promoting the social and individual values according to the Teaching Authority of the Catholic Church, in particular, respect for freedom, pluralism, and ideas, as well as the development of critical thinking and the constant search for Truth through research, conservation and communication of Sciences and Arts.
- Continuous improvement of quality in all aspects.
- Updating its qualifications, teaching and non-teaching services in order to meet external customers and students’ expectations and needs, ensuring a promising future.
- Promoting relationships with other universities and companies to provide students with professional opportunities, specializations and research in a borderless world.
- Promoting integral education.
- Providing personalized teaching, encouraging personal autonomy, teamwork and the direct relationship between professor and student.
- Increasing employment orientation.