Jan 2019 - Dec 2019
Pedro Emilio Alcaraz, Master in High Performance's director, says that one of the most important goals is the combination of scientific and practical knowledge.
The students will be able to know all the areas of the sports sciences. They will have the possibility to do interships with professional teams.
- Pedro Emilio Alzaraz Ramón, PhD Professor at the Universidad Cátolica de Murcia. Director of the Research Center for High Performance Sport at UCAM and at La Manga Club.
- Iñigo Mujica, PhD Former Director of Research and Development of Athletic Club de Bilbao, Former Physiologist of Spanish Swimmer Federation.
- Per Aagard, PhD Professor at the University of Southern Denmark. Renowned physiologist and biomechanist in the área of neuromuscular and biomechanical adaptations induced by training and detraining.
- Jens Bangsbo, PhD Professor at the University of Copenhagen. Former assisntant coach to Juventus, F.C. (2001-2004) and the Danish National Football Team (EURO2004).
UCAM´s Master in High Performance Sports is one of the few graduate programs recognized in the world by NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association). This means that our program is a unique opportunity for students to become the most qualified individuals on the market when it comes to high performance sports. Students have the ability to earn the NSCA-CPT or the NSCA-CSCS credentials, which ultimatley opens future doors both professionally and financially for our graduates.
To be considered for this postgraduate program, students must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sport Science or equivalent
- Background in Sport Sciences or equivalent
- B1 level English
Research and Sport Facilities
UCAM has two research centres in High Performance Sport on campus and in La Manga Club, where students use to put into practice the content they learn in the master. These research centres assist 80 UCAM Olympic athletes, among them Mireia Belmonte (Olympic Swimming Medalist), Miguel Angel Lopez (athlete), Mario Mola (triathlete), as well as the UCAM Murcia Basketball Club (ACB) and UCAM Murcia Football Club (Second Division B) with their preparation, training and enhancement in their athletic performance.
The National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) is the world-leading membership organization for thousands of elite strength coaches, personal trainers and dedicated researchers and educators.