Future undergraduates in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences should be interested in the following areas of knowledge:
- Sport and physical and sports practices.
- Physical Education and teaching sport and physical activity.
- Social and Behavioral Sciences applied to the practice of physical activity and sport.
- Exercise Physiology, oriented towards health and sport performance.
- Morphological Sciences, Biomechanics and Ergonomics applied to physical activity and sport.
- Organization and management of physical activity and sport.
In addition, students who choose the Degree in Physical Activity and Sport should have attention and perception skills, capacity for analysis and synthesis, thoroughness and attention to details, visual and auditory memory, logical reasoning, gift for abstraction, willingness to research and sport and interest in new technologies. It is also advisable that students who choose our degree have ability to social relations and interpersonal contacts, capacity to communicate, reason and understand, visual and auditory memory, analytical and negotiation skills, flexibility and critical sense.
Interests: scientific, humanistic, health and society.
- Interest in studying sport from different areas of knowledge.
- Ability to observation and systematic listening.
- Ability to self-observation.
- Ability to oral and written communication.
- Research skills.
- Capacity for analysis, criticism and reflection.
- Good social skills.
- Attitudes: Responsibility, cordiality respect, empathy.
“It was not easy at all to make the decision to study Physical Activity and Sport Sciences. I had lots of doubts because I didn’t know if it was the right degree for me, but today, almost about to finish my second year at the UCAM, I realize and I am totally convinced that it was the right decision.
For me, sport is an essential part of my life and it helps me day by day not only to keep fit or compete, but also to run away from problems and take a break.
Without any doubt, what led me to choose this degree, and particularly the UCAM, was that there is no better feeling for yourself than turning your passion into your work. This is possible thanks to an excellent group of professors both professionally and personally, great facilities such as the UCAM SPORTS CENTER and above all, a pleasant atmosphere created by the whole University.”
Ignacio Suárez Parra
Student of the 2nd year in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences