on March 2 -6 focusing in the encyclical of Pope Francisco on environmentalism
The Catholic University of Murcia (UCAM) will host the International Congress "Laudato Si' which will revolve around the encyclical of Pope Francisco last year. The encyclical reflects on the importance of holistic environmentalism that understands nature as a common house.
The congress will have lectures, panel discussions, and side events. To understand clearly the subject, UCAM will feature international experts in this field, such as Cardinal Peter Turkson, president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, who will give the inaugural conference of the Congress under the title ‘The concept of integral ecology in encyclical ‘Laudato Si'; Cardinal Antonio Cañizares, archbishop of Valencia, who will talk about Catholic education and care for the common house; Dan Britt, director of the Center for the Lunar Surface and Asteroids NASA, which will reflect on the Ice Age and climate history, and Francisco Javier Neila, one of the foremost experts on bioclimatic architecture, which will analyze the keys sustainable architecture, among others.
Selected UCAM students also invited to the conference to participate and share their ideas about the said subject.
- Cardinal Peter Turkson, President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace.
- Monsignor Marcelo Sanchez Sorondo, Chancellor of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Bartholomew I, Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople and New Rome.
- Dan Britt, Director the Center for Science and the Lunar Surface NASA Asteroids (CLASS).
- Amalio Garrido Escudero, Director of the Department of Engineering and Environmental Toxicology at the UCAM.
- Agustín Udías Vallina SJ, Professor Emeritus of Geophysics Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Francisco Javier Neila, Principal investigator of the research group 'Bioclimatic Architecture in a Sustainable Environment ABIO. "
- Luigi Maffei, President of the Italian Association of Acoustics.
- Alex Heifetz, Director of the environmental institution Properties KKL-Le-Israel (KKL).
- Alberto Urena, Deputy assistant director of the National Observatory for Telecommunications and the Information Society.
- Cardinal Carlos Amigo, Archbishop Emeritus of Sevilla.
- Natalia Arranz Latorre, President of Shell Spain.
- Moshe Bendahán, Chief Rabbi of Madrid.
- Damiá Culleres Barceló, Director of the Catalan Institute for Water Research (ICRA).
- Shimon Tal, Chairman of the Israeli Association of Water.
- Cardinal Paul Josef Cordes, President Emeritus of the Pontifical Council Cor Unum .
- Cardinal Lluís María Martínez I Sistach, Archbishop Emeritus of Barcelona.
- Stefano Zamagni, Professor of Political Economy at the University of Bologna.
- Cardinal Antonio Cañizares, Archbishop of Valencia.
See the link for ticket inquiries and further information.