Exercise Physiology Laboratory
- The Functional Testing Laboratory has the infrastructure needed to carry out these studies:
- Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) is a means of measuring bone mineral density and body fat mass.
- Whole-Body Air Displacement Plethysmography (BOD POD).A technique for measuring body composition.
- Microsample blood analyzer measures any combination of pH, blood gas, electrolytes, oxymetry and metabolite parameter (glucose, lactate, etc).
- Oxycon™ Pro Metabolic Cart. Comprehensive cardiopulmonary stress testing and indirect calorimetry testing in one metabolic cart.
- Bioelectrical impedance analyzer. Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) is a commonly used method for estimating body composition, and in particular body fat.
- Ergometers for exercise.