€6.000/ EU Citizens
€6.000/ Non-EU Citizens
Future undergraduates in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences should be interested in the following areas of knowledge:
- Sport and physical and sports practices.
- Physical Education and teaching sport and physical activity.
- Social and Behavioral Sciences applied to the practice of physical activity and sport.
- Exercise Physiology, oriented towards health and sports performance.
- Morphological Sciences, Biomechanics, and Ergonomics applied to physical activity and sport.
- Organization and management of physical activity and sport.
In addition, students who choose the Degree in Physical Activity and Sport should have attention and perception skills, capacity for analysis and synthesis, thoroughness, and attention to details, visual and auditory memory, logical reasoning, a gift for abstraction, willingness to research and sport and interest in new technologies. It is also advisable that students who choose our degree have the ability to social relations and interpersonal contacts, the capacity to communicate, reason and understand, visual and auditory memory, analytical and negotiation skills, flexibility and critical sense.
Interests: scientific, humanistic, health and society.
- Interest in studying sport from different areas of knowledge.
- Ability to observation and systematic listening.
- Ability to self-observation.
- Ability to oral and written communication.
- Research skills.
- Capacity for analysis, criticism and reflection.
- Good social skills.
- Attitudes: Responsibility, cordiality respect, empathy.
D. Antonio Sánchez Pato
Vice Dean and Director of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences
Nowadays, Physical Activity and Sports Sciences describe and represent an area of knowledge that plays an important social role. Physical Activity and Sports Sciences evolved over time, haven’t taken a neutral point of view, since certain discourses and practices are more legitimate than others. The keys and the basics have been fixed within the context of historical evolution and graduates themselves were the agents or instruments participating in the consolidation and definition of the significance of physical exercise.Physical Activity and Sports Sciences, as an academic discipline, represent a pedagogy of the motor behaviors which are the common denominator of all physical and sports activities.From another perspective, the huge ever-growing diversity of forms and activities of body practices results in the generalized concept of sport, which is made up by sports in the context of leisure, recreation and tourism, school and university sports, performance sports, entertainment sports and professional sports.
Physical activity and sport (or simply known as Sports Sciences for many European universities) have become a major social phenomenon in our contemporary society not only because of the increasing level of participation and demand, active or passive but also because of the growth of the so-called sports awareness or sportsmanship in our society.We talk about demographic trends when we refer to changes in the composition of the population and their impact on the world of sports; market or cultural trends when we refer to participants’ preferences; institutional trends, with a clear political and economic nature, when we refer to the privatization and decentralization of sports; and social and economic trends due to the democratization of sport participation according to social class, gender or culture.