Reasons to Choose
We present a modern syllabus committed from the beginning to the transformation of the European Convergence Process, since we were one of the top three Spanish universities to implement it. We started in the 2008/2009 academic year.
We have agreements to carry out clinical practice with all public and private centres in our Region and neighboring regions, and simulation of clinical scenarios, technical-skills rooms, computer rooms, laboratories…
The Faculty of Nursing also offers other projects such as adaptation to undergraduate degree programs, Master’s degree in Health Sciences Research and our own doctoral program. We are preparing other new ideas, since Nursing is experiencing a historical moment and with young and dedicated professors we think that we can contribute to help both students and society.
The ICN (International Council of Nurses) considers that nursing professionals responsible for general care can:
- Work in the General Practice Nursing field, including the promotion of health, prevention of illnesses, and the care of ill, disabled or dying people of all ages, families, groups, health institutions and other community settings.
- Carry out health care teaching.
- Participate fully as a member of a health care team.
- Supervise and train nursing and health care auxiliaries.
- Initiate, develop and participate in programs and research projects.
Graduate students in Nursing can work in: hospitals or primary care centres, geriatric hospitals, mental health centres, NGOs, teaching and research, occupational risk prevention services, organizations and sports clubs, laboratories…