The Degree in Humanities and Social Anthropology starts from an up-to-date conception of university education in these fields, something not very common in the Spanish universities. Therefore, the background used to design our degree comes from some of the most prestigious universities in France, United Kingdom and United States.
The learning strategies designed for the Degree in Humanities and Social Anthropology take into account the contemporary considerations related to this kind of disciplines and their job opportunities. For example, our syllabus takes into consideration new technologies and one of the weak points of the university education in Spain, the English language, together with scientific writing and reading workshops during the different years.
Finally, our syllabus is also adapted to the labour market, particularly to the cultural sector, and it offers a wide range of skills and abilities such as flexibility and adaptability for the students so that they can develop their work across a broad range of areas, what used to be an endemic weakness in these studies.
At the end of the Degree in Humanities and Social Anthropology you are qualified to practice as a professional in the following fields:
- Editorial director, responsible for monitoring collections, divisions or cultural publishing work. Cultural website manager. Infonomist, an economist and software developer with skills in analysis, evaluation, strategy and cultural development. Art-net and e-culture manager, creative profiles with in-depth knowledge of the Internet and other digital supports that are used to promote interactive cultural products.
- Cultural manager, responsible for understanding and appreciating culture while running the business side of an organization. A cultural manager can work in cultural institutions, such as historical museums, publishing companies, foundations, Public Administration or private companies.
- Cultural heritage presentation and mediation, economics of cultural property, communication and dissemination of Cultural Heritage. They will be able to develop their career in archaeological parks, cultural parks, eco-museums, museums, museums of “place”, foundations, associations and private companies related to culture and heritage.
- Cooperation and development-oriented projects led by NGOs or public administrations; socio-cultural integration and mediation projects at a national or an international level.
- Teaching at secondary school level or teaching and carrying out research at university level.
- Design and management of tourist and cultural itineraries and products from different heritages, tangible and intangible (Natural and Ethnography, History, Archaeology and Art, among others). Developers of specialized cultural tourism products in public, national and international institutions and in private companies.