How sport scholarships works at UCAM
SAD (Sport Activities Service) study the Sport Curriculum and perspective (scholarships could be given for current year thanks to what sportsman already done or for next year based on results reached durind the year) of the candidate (sport marks for individual disciplines, ranking, results in competitions, video, and any other available information). They are very strict, most of our sportsmen have the best national marks and some of them are Olympic athletes.
UCAM Admissions Office study if the candidate meets academic requirements (the same for all other applicants).
Baesd on this, we offer different scholarships and sport options:
- Train with university teams in UCAM’s and partner facilities
- Train and play in sport competitions at university level for UCAM’s teams
- Train and play both in partner/owned professional teams and in sport competitions at university level for UCAM’s teams
Partner/owned professional teams play at different levels: ex. in basketball we have a team in Spain Liga Endesa (1st division) and another one in 2nd division; in Volleyball our team plays in 1st division (female), Table tennis team it´s used to play European competitions, etc.
- Scholarships goes from 20% to 100% of university fees.
- Depending of the economic and sport level, Partner/owned teams can also offer other kind of remuneration as housing, travels budget, salary.
Thanks to our outstanding relations with sport national federations (ex. this year we organized the university championship), if a sportsman has impressing marks its´s possible that a sport federation would ask for nationalize the sportsman in order to compete with Spanish national team (it must to meets some legal requires).
More about sport at UCAM: http://www.ucam.edu/deporte (ES)