Doctorate Electronic Resources
The e-learning space deploys multiple possibilities:
- Computerlabs with resources for the projection of images, computer equipment, video conferencing system, connections for laptops for teachers, etc.
- Virtual Campus has resources for communication, exchange, debate, study materials (each teacher must develop and supply), consultation documents, supplemental materials, links to websites of interest to the subject and others.
- This e-learning space includes an interactive chat system, which is used as a pedagogical strategy of formative assessment. It is to be considered an interactive tool to establish dialogues for discussion and reflection to generate knowledge and immediate feedback.
- Another tool to highlight that is available on the Virtual Campus is the Forum. The aims of the forum are to aid self-assessment, to allow a developed knowledge of a specific subject and to give students the chance to generate a debate and see the different approaches of other students. These forums will be moderated by the professors and re-orientated into the training programs for educational purposes.
- With the calendar tool, we are able to give the students a timetable of the different subjects being taught during the course of each teaching unit and highlight different activities such as surveys, conferences, debates, dates of delivery practices, and in general, any event related to the subject.
This calendar tool compliments the announcement tool which allows students to be informed of any event or information that may be interest to them. Any new announcements, material, activities, workshops, etc. are sent to the students in an automatic notification via email.
- Simultaneous and live participation with the students at any venue.
- Live communication between the professors and the students at the specified venue, via Internet connection.
- Visual control of all of the connected groups.
- Control of the images that are sent out to students by the professor.
This is a system for creating educational content in an audiovisual format. It allows the students to see both the teacher and the material that they are explaining at the same time, whether it be a Porwer Point, video, the use of tools etc. The polimedia videos have a brief duration (around 5 to 10 minutes) and their function is to cover and complement material from each subject.Thanks to polimedia the students can receibe specific and important fragments of lectures from their teachers without having to go to class.
The E-learning system compliments the effective tutorial system which is also used via email. Through this tutorial system each degree has its own virtual space with two sections:
- The other isOne section for the teacher, in which each of the modules of the program have a separate section with programming, notes, papers, records, literature and also various tools to support teaching such as chats, forums or virtual tutorials.
- The other is for the administration, where students can consult their records, receive alerts and make requests.
Live Lecture Recording
The polimedia videos covers specific material from lectures and are fragmented into smaller videos, whereas the videoapuntes (live lecture recording) are complete lectures that have been recorded by the teacher in the classroom. These videos allow the students to see the compete lecture as they would in a real classroom. The recording software brings together the image of the professor and the projectors content in the same audiovisual file. From their home, the students can choose the viewing option they prefer: only the Power Point, only the professor or both at the same time.
UCAM Library guarantees its users the availability of all information and documentation necessary, in both printed and electronic formats, for both academic and research purposes.
- Library: monographs.
- Newspaper archives: press, scientific journals, data catalogues, official publications.
- Multimedia library: including CD-ROM, VHS, DVD, microfiche, etc. IT and multimedia equipment. Internet connection (WiFi).
- Archive: documents which are not freely accessible can be requested from the librarians on duty.
Inter-library borrowing is available at an international level.
is a new generation academic search engine through which one can access all the documentation available to the Library quickly and easily.
UCAM Library puts the electronic resources it has available, at the service of the University Community, including its databases, electronic monographs, online journals, legal portals, etc. In addition, the Library facilitates access to electronic resources through ‘Open Access’ which can be reached by its webpage, by installing an api virtual desktop.
TESEO (DATABASE OF DOCTORAL THESES)
TESEO is a database of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport where the doctorate student can consult Doctoral Theses and introduce data from their own thesis into the system.
UCAM DIGITAL DATABASE
The Institutional Database is a digital repository from which you have open access to view UCAM’s research and academic papers: seminars, lectures, research, books, and newspaper articles.