The access requirements for the PhD programs are established in the Royal Decree 99/2011, of the 28th of January, by which the official doctorate teaching states that to gain admission, it is necessary to have a certified degree, an equivalent, or a Master's degree.
Also, an individual may gain admission to the PhD programs if any of the following statements can be applied to their situations:
- Being in possession of certified degree from a Spanish university, or any other country from the EHEA, that qualifies for admission for a Master's degree and has exceeded a minimum of 300 credits in all university degree studies, of which at least 60 must be of Master's level.
- Being in possession of an official Spanish degree, with a total of at least 300 credits in accordance with the community law. These graduates must attend mandatory training programs, unless the relevant undergraduate degree credits include research training, equivalent in value to educational research credits from master studies.
- If, as a university graduate, you have previously obtained a place on a specialized training program or have passed a training program about the specialties of Social sciences of at least two years with a positive evaluation.
- Being in possesion of a degree obtained from a foreign education system, with a verification that the degree accredits a level of education equivalent to that of a Spanish university Master's degree and that is eligible for entry for PhD studies in its own country.
- Being in possesion of another Spanish PhD degree obtained at a previous university.
- Being in possesion of an Advanced Studies Diploma obtained in accordance with the provision of the Royal Decree 778/98, of the 30th of April, or having passed the Research Sufficiency Degree by Royal Decree 185/85, of the 23rd of january, through doctoral programs linked to the field of Social Sciences.
- Students who meet the above requirements may enter the doctoral program. The Academic Program Committee is responsible for verifying compliance with the above requirements for admission of doctoral students.