These guidelines provide further explanation on the following provisions of the policy.
Provision 1: If you do not meet the conditions of your Offer of Enrolment or are unsuccessful in obtaining a visa, a full refund will be made.
Provision 2: If you cancel your place less than 28 days before your course starts or withdraw before the census date, you will be refunded 50% of the tuition fees paid.
Provision 3: If your place in the course is assured by the "registry office" there isn't opportunity for refund.
Explanatory notes for these Provisions
A refund will only be paid where you do not meet the entry requirements but have made genuine efforts to meet these. For example, if you stop attending Spanish Language classes or have not attempted an examination or submitted a blank exam paper for the condition of meeting the Spanish requirements, a refund will not be considered. Please note that the University may require documents substantiating genuine efforts.
You will only receive a 50% refund if:
1. You cancel your place less than 28 days before your course starts
2. You withdraw from any units before the census date to:
- Transfer to another institution
- Return home
- Other/personal reasons
There will be no refund if there is a change to your enrolment (e.g. you withdraw from a unit), or you qualify for degree admission early from your Spanish Language Course, or if there is a financial change (e.g. you are awarded a scholarship, bursary or sibling discount). In these instances a credit will be applied towards the next available semester.
If you withdraw after the first day of a Spanish Language Course, or after the census date for all other courses; or if your enrolment is cancelled for non-compliance with visa conditions, no refund is payable.
If you cancelled your place in a course offered by the UCAM less than 28 days before the start of the course in order to accept another course offered by the UCAM in the same study period, and there is no break between the original course and the new course, you may be considered as a “continuing” student for the purpose of the assessment of refund for the new course*. *Always your place into the new program is confirmed by the faculty
If you cancel your place at least 28 days before your course starts, all tuition fees paid are refundable less an administrative amount of:
- 20% for English Language Courses
- 10% for all other Courses
There are two options:
Full refund of fees
- The course does not start on the agreed starting day
- The course ceases to be provided at any time after it commences but before its completion
- The course is not provided in full because a condition has been imposed on the registration of the University on CRICOS, or the registration has been suspended or cancelled, and you have not withdrawn before the occurrence of any one of the events stated above.
Any such refund will be paid within two weeks of the day in which the course ceased being provided.
- You may be offered an alternative course at the University at no extra cost to you. We will ask you to sign a document to confirm your acceptance of the placement in another course.
Please note that in all visa refusal cases a surcharge of 100€ will be deducted from the "application fee" of 300€