Non-EU to Bachelor Degrees

Non-EU to Bachelor´s Degrees

For students who have completed secondary education in a country outside the European Union (UE), Switzerland, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein or China the application procedure is as the following steps suggests. Anytime during this process, you can ask for help or clarify any doubt by phone or e-mail +34 968 278 786 or

Step 1. University Admission – Validation of studies

Applicants must have their high school studies or its equivalent officially accredited or validated according to the following cases.

Students with high school diplomas from countries outside the European Union (and from outside those with EU bilateral agreements) must validate (or “homologate”) this Diploma by the Ministry of Education of Spain. To carry out this process, candidates should apply to the Ministry of Education and follow the indicated procedure to accredit their pre-university studies. Please note that this process is done outside UCAM and through governmental institutions, so it would be a good idea to start it a couple of months before the admission request.  Students can continue the admission process to the University at the same time as their studies are being evaluated for official accreditation.

  • High School diploma** from an EU state or those countries which are co-signatories. Consult the list of eligible countries here. Students must validate this Diploma with the ‘Credencial’ issued by UNED.
  • International Baccalaureate / International GCSE**. Students must validate this Diploma with th‘Credencial’ issued by UNED.
  • Students with previous University studies can transfer university credits for admission to UCAM, with a minimum of 30 ECTS.
  • Students with high level of vocational training (Formación Profesional). Students must validate this Diploma by the Ministry of Education of Spain.

Please note that certain courses in the University may have further admission requirements, applicants will be informed of those requirements during the interview stage of admission.

UCAM staff will be glad to assist and assess your situation so please do not hesitate on contacting the university.

Step 2. Application Form

Once you have validated your studies or have started the process to do so, you are ready to start the 2rd step. From now on the process becomes much more simple and flexible because you be guided directly by UCAM’s service and staff, who are now totally responsible for making it easy for you.

From April to October, you can enter here to create your personal account (without any commitment) and start the Admission request process. You will have to scan and attach some documents, but the system is really simple and intuitive:

  • Homologated documents
  • Selectividad marks/Credential UNED
  • Passport
  • Photo
  • Application Form (online)
  • Prove of payment of Admission Request Fee*

*This amount will be discounted on your tuition fee if you are admitted and it will be returned if you are not admitted. If you make this payment and then give up on the process, you will not be refunded.

The International Student Fellowship at UCAM includes citizens from all over the world, and, for this reason, we try to encourage those excellent students, motivated to develop their personal and academic careers by offering them the best and fair recruitment procedure. In this sense, the student’s selection procedure and criteria focus the interview on the academic profile together with the student’s abilities.

Step 3. Personal on-line interview with Admissions team

For more information about the interview protocol, click here

Step 4. Enrollment at UCAM

Once you have been accepted at UCAM, there is just one final step before the start of the classes, it is the Enrollment. On UCAM’s online platform you will be able to select the courses you will attend that year according to the plan of studies you want to follow and make the payment of the tuition fee.

And that is it, you are welcomed to UCAM – Catholic University San Antonio!

*UCAM organises preparatory courses for the PAU.

**You have to validate this diploma via the UNED. For information on how to do that see our guide.