The International student fellowship at UCAM includes citizens from all over the world, and for this reason, we try to encourage those excellent students, motivated on their personal and academic careers by offering them the best and fair recruitment procedure. In this sense, the student’s selection procedure and criteria focus the interview on the academic profile together with the student’s abilities.
What will be asked?
According to the previous information requirements, international students may have at least one personal interview, online or face-to-face at the Campus.
Duration: 20-40 minutes.
Contents of the interview:
- Questions relevant to the course and program applied for.
- Questions about the information you provided in your written application (Academic background, letter of motivation, VISA docs, CV, others…)
- Questions related to your personal motivations and reasons to come to UCAM (Statement of Purpose)
- Questions related to your future expectations on your professional career. However, be calm! If you have not made up your mind yet, or you are still defining your professional path, we will kindly help you to define your best option.
- Questions related to your extracurricular activities and hobbies. UCAM Sports grants are a flagship of selection processes and we are also looking for talented people even if they are not necessarily outstanding on academics. Leadership skills, creativity, social engagement and emotional intelligence are aspects that we truly consider when asking for your extracurricular activities.
- Interviews are informal, so try to be natural, honest and ensure that you really express your personality and motivations.
- Feel free to ask us clarifications during the interview.
- Answer the questions in a natural way, without constraints, focus on your ideas, desires, and goals.
Along with your documents, we will give a mark to your interview using a scale from 1 to 5.
- Your English level/Spanish level and verbal expression
- Your motivation and desire to study the particular program chosen
- Your CV and letters of recommendation
- Visit the CAMPUS. We encourage you to foremostly visit the University environment and the Campus. Your admission interview could be completed during your visit.
- If you are not able to come to Spain ensure that your Internet/Skype connection is working well, so that we can proceed accordingly.
- Read beforehand your personal statements, and documents to be submitted at UCAM. Ask yourself why you want to study the program of your choice.
- Think about the questions you could be asked for and how would you answer them.
- Read about your selected program and ask yourself questions; When is it starting? Reasons to join it? What are my favorite subjects? How do I think it could develop my career? Ensure that UCAM is the place where you really want to study and build your future. Some students have not made up their mind about their future programs, so this interview might be helpful for your decision.
- At the end of the interview, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to let us know about all of them. This is the best opportunity to solve and clarify your doubts.
- Be on time, be relaxed and enjoy being yourself.